We offer extensive hardware diagnostics. If you would like us to run
hardware diagnostics on your server, here is a complete list of the work
that we do:
- Check operational temperatures and insure that CPU is not going
above 65 degrees celsius.
- Ensure BIOS is up to date and the correct CMOS settings are set.
- Make sure the system boots in a timely manner and does not hang.
- Replace memory modules with known good modules. We do this instead
of testing first to save you downtime.
Run the Western Digital diagnostics on the hard drive.
: - You can choose for us to run a Quick Test which will only
take around 30 minutes or an Extended Test (which is more
accurate) which can take up to 3 hours.
- Check the case for proper cable management and optimized airflow.
- Replace internal cables (SATA, Molex Power)
- Make sure components (Heat-sink, CPU, RAM, NIC) are properly seated.
- Check the integrity of both the private and public network cables
both visually to insure a good crimp and with a cable tester to
insure connectivity on all strands.
If you would like us to perform a hardware diagnostic, please let us
know which of the tests you would like us to run:
- Quick Diagnostics -- maximum of 1 hour of downtime
- Extended Diagnostics -- maximum of 5 hours of downtime